IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy - Vol. 9 (2022)
Listed below are the papers that have been published to date in volume 9 of the IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy. Papers will be added to the issue throughout the year as they are accepted and finalized. Click on the titles to access the papers.
- "Detailed Primary and Secondary Distribution System Model Enhancement Using AMI Data"
K. Montano-Martinez, S. Thakar, S. Ma, Z. Soltani, V. Vittal, M. Khorsand, R. Ayyanar, and C. Rojas
- "Potential-Based Large-Signal Stability Analysis in DC Power Grids With Multiple Constant Power Loads"
F. Chang, X. Cui, M. Wang, and W. Su
- "Review of Small-Signal Converter-Driven Stability Issues in Power Systems"
L. Kong, Y. Xue, L. Qiao, and F. Wang
- "Real-Time Simulation of Hybrid Three-Level and Modular Multilevel Converter Based on Complete Equivalent Model for High Voltage Direct Current Transmission System"
J. Han, L. M. Bieber, J. Paull, L. Wang, W. Li, and J.-N. Paquin
- "A Comparison of Inverter Control Modes for Maintaining Voltage Stability During System Contingencies"
T. Hathiyaldeniye, U. D. Annakkage, N. Pahalawaththa, and C. Karawita
- "Detecting Large Frequency Excursions in the Power Grid With Bayesian Decision Theory"
A. Lenzi, J. Bessac, and M. Anitescu
- "On Modeling Depths of Power Electronic Circuits for Real-Time Simulation – A Comparative Analysis for Power Systems"
G. De Carne, G. Lauss, M. H. Syed, A. Monti, A. Benigni, S. Karrari, P. Kotsampopoulos, and M. O. Faruque
- "Building Marginal Pattern Library With Unbiased Training Dataset for Enhancing Model-Free Load-ED Mapping"
Q. Zhang, F. Li, W. Feng, X. Wang, L. Bai, and R. Bo
- "Experimental Investigation of Inter-Phase Power Management in Residential Microgrids"
S. A. Raza and J. Jiang
- "A Meta-Learning Approach to the Optimal Power Flow Problem Under Topology Reconfigurations"
Y. Chen. S. Lakshminarayana, C. Maple, and H.V. Poor
- "Device and Time Invariant Features for Transferable Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring"
P.A. Schimer and I. Mporas
- "Optimal Allocation Method of Residential Air-Conditioners: Trade-Off Solutions Between Economic Costs and Aggregation Reliability"
R. Han, Q. Hu, Guo, X. Quan, Z. Wu, and R. Hu
- "Optimal Power and Frequency Control of Microgrid Cluster With Mixed Loads"
S. Dinkhah, J. Salazar Cuellar, and M. Khanbaghi
"An Efficient Rapid Method for Generators Coherency Identification in Large Power Systems"
A. Mehrzad, M. Darmiani, Y. Mousavi, M. Shafie-Khah, and M. Aghamohammadi
"Optimal Controllers to Improve Transient Recovery of Grid-Following Inverters Connected to Weak Power Grids"
T. Hathiyaldeniye, C. Karawita, B. Bagen, N. Pahalawaththa, and U. D. Annakkage
"Energy Storage Participation in Wholesale Markets: The Impact of State-of-Energy Management"
S. Bhattacharjee, R. Sioshansi, and H. Zareipour
Special Section: COVID-19 Impact on Electrical Grid Operation: Analysis & Mitigation
"Editorial: Special Section on COVID-19 Impact on Electrical Grid Operation: Analysis and Mitigation"
C. Kang, J. Browell, M. Farrokhabadi, C. Huang, S. Makonin, E. Nasr, W. Su, Y. Wang, and J. Xie
"Day-Ahead Electricity Demand Forecasting Competition: Post-COVID Paradigm"
M. Farrokhabadi, J. Browell, Y. Wang, S. Makonin, W. Su, and H. Zareipour
"State-Space Models for Online Post-Covid Electricity Load Forecasting Competition"
J. de Vilmarest and Y. Goude
"Human Mobility-Based Features to Analyse the Impact of COVID-19 on Power System Operation of Ireland"
N. Zarbakhsh, M. S. Misaghian, and G. McArdle
"Load-Altering Attacks Against Power Grids Under COVID-19 Low-Inertia Conditions"
S. Lakshminarayana, J. Ospina, and C. Konstantinou
"Decomposition-Residuals Neural Networks: Hybrid System Identification Applied to Electricity Demand Forecasting"
K. Theodorakos, O. M. Agudelo, M. Espinoza, and B. De Moor
"Evaluation Tests of Metal Oxide Varistors for DC Circuit Breakers"
C. Xu, A. Rockhill, Z. J. Zhang, M. Bosworth, M. Saeedifard, M. Steurer, P. Zeller, and L. Graber
"Computationally Distributed and Asynchronous Operational Optimization of Droop-Controlled Networked Microgrids"
N. Nikmehr, M. A. Bragin, P. Zhang, and P. B. Luh
"Measurement of Losses in Dry-Type Air-Core Reactors Using Infrared Thermography"
D. G. Mesquita, E. C. Bortoni, D. M. Fébba, and R. T. Siniscalchi
"Decomposition Strategy for Districts as Renewable Energy Hubs"
L. Middelhauve, C. Terrier, and F. Maréchal
"Geospatial Assessment Methodology to Estimate Power Line Restoration Access Vulnerabilities After a Hurricane in Puerto Rico"
C. B. Jones, C. J. Bresloff, R. Darball-Zamora, M. S. Lave, and E. E. Aponte Bezares
"Impact of MV Standards on Shipboard DC Cable System Size"
C. M. Cooke, J. Malone, and C. Chryssostomidis
- "Model Order Reduction for Real-Time FPGA-Based Finite Element Transient Simulation of Three-Phase Transformer"
J. Guo, P. Liu, V. Dinavahi, and W. Yang
- "Stator Flux-Regulatory Excitation Control in Converter-Fed Synchronous Machines for Pumped-Storage Variable-Speed Hydropower"
J. H. Stavnesli and J.K. Nøland
- "Design of a Battery Energy Management System for Capacity Charge Reduction"
D. Wu, X. Ma, T. Fu, Z. Hou, P. J. Rehm, and N. Lu
- "Resilient Adaptive Parallel sImulator for griD (RAPID): An Open Source Power System Simulation Toolbox"
B. Park, S. Allu, K. Sun, A. Dimitrovski, Y. Liu, and S. Simunovic
- "Optimal Battery Energy Storage Dispatch in Energy and Frequency Regulation Markets While Peak Shaving an EV Fast Charging Station"
L. Argiolas, M. Stecca, L. M. Ramirez-Elizondo, T.B. Soeiro, and P. Bauer
- "Application of Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning to Large-Scale Synchrophasor Datasets: Evaluation of Dataset 'Machine Learning-Readiness'"
P. Hart, L He, T. Wang, V.S. Kumar, K. Aggour, A. Subramanian, and W. Yan
- "A Zonal Capacity Market Model With Energy Storage for Transmission and Distribution"
J. Ma, F.B.B. Rolim, A. Elkasrawy, and B. Venkatesh
Special Section: Invited Papers in 2022 on Emerging Topics in the Power and Energy Society
"Long Duration Flexibility Planning Challenges and Solutions for Power System With Ultra High Share of Renewable Energy"
H. Li, Y. Lin, Z. Lu, Y. Qiao, J. Qin, C. Kang, and X. Ye
"Fleet Management and Charging Scheduling for Shared Mobility-on-Demand System: A Systematic Review"
W. Tan, Y. Sun, Z. Ding, and W.-J. Lee
"How Can Probabilistic Solar Power Forecasts Be Used to Lower Costs and Improve Reliability in Power Spot Markets? A Review and Application to Flexiramp Requirements"
B. F. Hobbs, V. Krishnan, J. Zhang, H. F. Hamann, C. Siebenschuh, R. Zhang, B. Li, L. He, P. Edwards, H. Sky, I. Krad, E. Spyrou, X. Fang, Y. Wang, Q. Xu, and S. Zhang
"Reliable Dispatch of Active Distribution Networks via a Two-Layer Grid-Aware Model Predictive Control: Theory and Experimental Validation"
R. Gupta, A. Zecchino, J-H Yi, and M. Paolone
"Voltage Balancing Capability of Grid-Forming Inverters"
T. Kim, N. G. Barry, W. Kim, S. Santoso, W. Wang, R. C. Dugan, and D. Ramasubramanian
- "Unified Grid-Forming/Following Inverter Control"
S. Geng and I.A. Hiskens
- "Using Differential Geometry to Revisit the Paradoxes of the Instantaneous Frequency"
J. F. Milano, G. Tzounas, I. Dassios, M.A.A. Murad, and T. Kërçi
- "Analysis and Simulation Research of Cascading Faults in AC/DC Hybrdi Grid"
X. Dong, Y. Huang, H. Wang, B. Chen, H. Wang, and Q. Dong
- "A Closed-Form Mathematical Model and Method for Fast Fault Location on a Low Voltage DC Feeder Using Single-Ended Measurements"
M. Bin Gani and S. Brahma
- "Deep Reinforcement Learning-Based Robust Protection in DER-Rich Distribution Grids"
L. D. Wu, D. Kalathil, M. M. Begovic, K. Q. Ding and L. Xie
- "Distributed Dual Model for High-Frequency Transformer Windings: Electromagnetic Transients and Solid State Transformers"
D. Deswal and F. De León
- "Hierarchical Trust-Tech-Enhanced K-Means Methods and Their Applications to Power Grids"
H.-D. Chiang, T.-S. Xu, X.-L. Lv, and N. Dong
- "Federal Learning for Short-Term Residential Load Forecasting"
C. Briggs, Z. Fan, and P. Andras
- "Market Equilibria With Energy Storage as Flexibility Resources"
W. Gu and R. Sloshansi
Preparation and Submission of Papers for the IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy
- The call for OAJPE papers is open! Learn more and submit here.
- Please contact the OAJPE Editor-In-Chief, Fangxing "Fran" Li, with any questions at: email@example.com.