IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy Vol 10 (2023)
Listed below are the papers that have been published to date in Volume 10 of the IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy. Papers will be added to the issue throughout the year as they are accepted and finalized. Click on the titles to access the papers.
"Stochastic-Risk Based Approach for Microgrid Participation in Joint Active, Reactive, and Ancillary Services Markets Considering Demand Response"
A. Nikpour, A. Nateghi, and M. Shafie-Khah
"A Common-Mode Shorting Network to Reduce Common-Mode Excitation of Three-Phase Two-Level Electric Drives"
H. Singh and S. D. Sudhoff
"A Risk-Based Framework for Power System Modeling to Improve Resilience to Extreme Events"
E. L. Barrett, K. Mahapatra, M. Elizondo, X. Fan, S. Davis, S. Newman, P. Royer, B. Vyakaranam, F. B. dos Reis, X. Ke, and J. Dagle
"Faster-Than-Real-Time Hardware Emulation of Transients and Dynamics of a Grid of Microgrids"
S. Cao, N. Lin, and V. Dinavahi
"Control-Centric Living Laboratory for Management of Distributed Energy Resources"
R. L. Kini, D. Raker, R. Martin-Hayden, R. G. Lutes, S. Katipamula, R. Ellingson, M. J. Heben, and R. Khanna
"Parallel-in-Time Power System Simulation Using a Differential Transformation Based Adaptive Parareal Method"
Y. Liu, B. Park, K. Sun, A. Dimitrovski, and S. Simunovic
"Graph Neural Networks for Voltage Stability Margins With Topology Flexibilities"
K. P. Guddanti, Y. Weng, A. Marot, B. Donnot, and P. Panciatici
"Power Distribution System Characterization With Active Probing: Real-World Testing and Analysis"
C. Huang, H. Burroughs, C. Klauber, and C.-C. Sun
"Data-Driven Interarea Oscillation Analysis for a 100% IBR-Penetrated Power Grid"
M. Zhang, Z. Miao, L. Fan, and S. Shah
"A Benchmarking Testbed for Low-Voltage Active Distribution Network Studies"
C. L. Athanasiadis, T. A. Papadopoulos, G. C. Kryonidis, and K. D. Pippi
"Analysis of Targeted Coordinated Attacks on Decomposition-Based Robust State Estimation"
N. Ahmadi, Y. Chakhchoukh, and H. Ishii
"Cyberattack Correlation and Mitigation for Distribution Systems via Machine Learning"
J. Appiah-Kubi and C.-C. Liu
"Grid Impact Analysis and Mitigation of En-Route Charging Stations for Heavy-Duty Electric Vehicles"
X. Zhu, P. Mishra, B. Mather, M. Zhang, and A. Meintz
"Design of Next-Generation Cyber-Physical Energy Management Systems: Monitoring to Mitigation"
A. Sahu, K. Davis, H. Huang, A. Umunnakwe, S. Zonouz, and A. Goulart
"Comparing Electric Water Heaters and Batteries as Energy-Storage Resources for Energy Shifting and Frequency Regulation"
M. A. Mansouri and R. Sioshansi
"Noise-Immune Machine Learning and Autonomous Grid Control"
J. Obert, R. D. Trevizan, and A. Chavez
"A Configurable Hierarchical Architecture for Parallel Dynamic Contingency Analysis on GPUs"
C. Wang, S. Jin, R. Huang, Q. Huang, and Y. Chen
"An Online Multi-Level Energy Management System for Commercial Building Microgrids With Multiple Generation and Storage Systems"
W. Bai, D. Wang, X. Sun, J. Yu, J. Xu, and Y. Pan
"Active Power Control of DFIG Wind Turbines for Transient Stability Enhancement"
S. Konstantinopoulos and J. H. Chow
"PowerSAS.m—An Open-Source Power System Simulation Toolbox Based on Semi-Analytical Solution Technologies"
J. Liu, R. Yao, F. Qiu, Y. Liu, and K. Sun
- "Coordinated Planning of Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure and Renewables in Power Grids"
B. Wang, P. Dehghanian, and D. Zhao
"Learning-Assisted Variables Reduction Method for Large-Scale MILP Unit Commitment"
M. I. A. Shekeew and B. Venkatesh
"Evaluation of Inherent Damping Introduced by Thyristor Controlled Series Compensators"
D. R. Weerakoon, C. Karawita, and U. D. Annakkage
"Implementing Power System Protection Algorithms in a Digital Hardware-in-the-Loop Substation"
T. Hagan, D. Senaratne, R. Meier, E. Cotilla-Sanchez, and J. Kim
- "An Alternative Control Structure for Grid-Following Converters of Inverter-Based Resources"
Z. Miao, Y. Zhou, L. Fan, and Z. Wang
"Statistical Modeling of the Determinants Driving the Electricity Demand in Jordan"
M. A. Momani and L. Alhmoud
- "An Effective Security Scheme for Attacks on Sample Value Messages in IEC 61850 Automated Substations"
S. M. S. Hussain, M. A. Aflab, S. M. Farooq, I. Ali, T. S. Ustun, and C. Konstantinou
- "Optimization-Based Design Model for Electric Traction Motors Considering the Supply Risk of Critical Materials"
J. R. Pérez-Cardona, J.W. Sutherland, and S.D. Sudhoff
"An Automated Approach for Screening Residential PV Applications Using a Random Forest Model"
W. Wang, J. Keen, J. Bank, J. Giraldez, and K. Montano-Martinez
- "Spectral Embedding-Based Meter-Transformer Mapping (SEMTM)"
B. Saleem, Y. Wang, and E. Blasch
Special Section: Power Quality in the Energy Transition: Selected Papers From ICHQP 2022
- "Editorial Special Section on 'Power Quality in the Energy Transition: Selected Papers From ICHQP 2022'"
A. Testa, G. Chang, and P. Verde
"Impact of Electrical Vehicle Private Charging Stations on the Quality of the Low Voltage Network Supply"
G. Pisano, S. Ruggeri, G. G. Soma, D. Falabretti, S. Grillo, F. Gulotta, and F. Pilo
"Planning and Operation of an Intelligent Power Electronics Series Voltage Regulator for PV-Rich Distribution Feeders"
E. Ghiani, R. Di Gregorio, and S. Hoppert
"Telephone Interference From Solar PV Switching"
G. Singh, T. Cooke, J. Johns, L. Vega, A. Valdez, and G. Bull
"A New Analytical Model of Single-Phase Diode Bridge Rectifiers in the Presence of Interharmonics in Supply Voltage"
J. Drapela, R. Langella, A. Testa, and V. Vendemia
"Adverse Impact of Harmonic and Interharmonic Supply Voltage Distortion on Mass-Market Electrical Appliances"
V. Khokhlov, F. Möller, J. Meyer, and P. Schegner
"A Practical Solution for Locating the Source of Voltage Dips in HV/MV Interconnected Grids"
P. Castello, C. Muscas, P. A. Pegoraro, S. Sulis, J. Rens, and J. Van Zyl
"Comparison of Measurement-Based Classification Methods of LED Lamps"
E. Gutierrez-Ballesteros, S. K. Rönnberg, and A. Gil-De-Castro
- "Revenue Metering of Unbalanced Prosumers in Energy Communities"
J. Klusacek, J. Drapela, and R. Langella
- "High Impedance Fault Location Methods: Review and Harmonic Selection-Based Analysis"
G. N. Lopes, T. S. Menezes, D. P. S. Gomes, and J. C. M. Vieira
- "Harmonic Analysis of Type-3 Wind Turbines Subject to Grid Unbalance"
M. Alqahtani, Z. Miao, and L. Fan
- "Microgrid Building Blocks: Concept and Feasibility"
C. -C. Liu, A. K. Jain, D. Boroyevich, I. Cvetkovic, N. Sahani, L. -A. Lee, J. Appiah-Kubi, K. P. Schneider, F. K. Tuffner, and D. Ton
- "Operational Challenges of Solar PV Plus Storage Power Plants and Modeling Recommendations"
L. Fan, Z. Milao, D. Ramasubramanian, and H. Ding
- "The Impact of Detailed Distribution System Representation in Dynamic Sub-Transmission-Distribution Co-Simulation"
S. Thakar, V. Vittial, R. Ayyanar, and C. Rojas
- "Coupling Analysis for Multienergy Systems by Self and Cross Critical Load Level"
Q. Zhang, F. Li, L. Bai, H. Wang, J. Zhao, and H. Shuai
- "Very Short-Term Solar Power Forecasting Using a Frequency Incorporated Deep Learning Model"
H. Panamtash, S. Mahdavi, Q. Z. Sun, G.-J. Qi, H. Liu, and A. Dimitrovski
- "Metrics and Strategies for Design of DC Bias Resilient Transformers"
A. Prasad, S. D. Sudhoff, T. C. Monson, and G. Subramania
- "Using In-Home Energy Storage to Improve the Resilience of Residential Electricity Supply"
R. Hunter-Rinderle, M. Y. Fong, B. Yang, H. Xian, and R. Sioshansi
- "Performance Assessment of Flexible Links in Distribution Networks Using a Detailed Power Losses Model"
F. d. P. García-López, M. Barragán-Villarejo, A. Marano-Marcolini, and J. M. Maza-Ortega
- "Grid Reserve and Flexibility Planning Tool (GRAF-Plan) for Assessing Resource Balancing Capability Under High Renewable Penetration"
M. Ghosal, A. M. Campbell, M. A. Elizondo, N. A. Samaan, Q. H. Nguyen, T. B. Nguyen, C. Munõz, and D. M. Hernandéz
- "Evaluating the Precision of the DC Decay Test Method for Characterizing Wound-Field Synchronous Machines in Power Plants"
F. Maurer, T. Øyvang, and J. K. Nøland
- "Ferroresonance Modeling and Analysis in Underground Distribution Feeders"
V. Torres-García, N. Solís-Ramos, N. González-Cabrera, E. Hernández-Mayoral, and D. Guillen
- "Distributed Ledger Technologies for the Energy Sector: Facilitating Interoperability Analysis"
D. Coll-Mayor and A. Notholt
- "A Partial Discharge Localization Method for AC XLPE Cable Based on Improved GCC Algorithm"
M. Guo, J. Xu, Y. Zhang, X. Xiao, Z. Yang, and Z. Wu
- "The Effect of Grid-Connected Converter Control Topology on the Diagonal Dominance of Converter Output Impedance"
C. Henderson, A. Egea-Alvarez, S. Fekriasl, T. Knueppel, G. Amico, and L. Xu
View Previous OAJPE Papers
Preparation and Submission of Papers for the IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy
- The call for OAJPE papers is open! Learn more and submit here.
- Please contact the OAJPE Editor-In-Chief, Fangxing "Fran" Li, with any questions at: email@example.com.