IEEE Electrification Magazine is dedicated to disseminating information on all matters related to microgrids onboard electric vehicles, ships, trains, planes, and off-grid applica-tions. Microgrids refer to an electric network in a car, a ship, a plane or an electric train, which has a limited number of sources and multiple loads. Off-grid applications include small scale electricity sup-ply in areas away from high voltage power net-works. Feature articles focus on advanced con-cepts, technologies, and practices associated with all aspects of electrification in the transportation and off-grid sectors from a technical perspective in synergy with nontechnical areas such as business, environmental, and social concerns.
In this issue from September 2018:
- A Robust Batter-Management System
- Testing Large Storage Systems
- Batteries in an Electric Fleet
- Storage in Arctic Communities
- Integrating Storage and Electic Vehicles
- Electric Machines and Storage