Recently, in the wind power plant industry, we've seen a lot of wind integration related issues. Throughout this tutorial series we'll review these issues and then dive into the details of wind in weak grids, the dynamics and control. The issues discussed are:
- What is the mechanism of Oscillations?
- How to model
- The Difference in oscillation frequency: low-frequency vs. SSO
- Which control mode is better for weak grid operation: Power or DC-Link Voltage
This tutorial is broken down into 3-parts, covering:
- Part 1: Using a simplified model to talk about mechanism and control design philosophy
- Part 2: Dynamic modeling with essential dynamics
- Part 3: Using case studies and validation tools.
This is part 2 of a 3-part series.
PES Members: $50.00
IEEE Members: $74.00
Please click 'Sign In' at the top of the page and log in with your IEEE Username and password. If you do not have an IEEE account, click 'Create Account' to create a FREE account to make a purchase. Alternatively, you can join IEEE and/or become a society member which will enable access to all materials; most of which are complimentary or discounted.